Endangered animals posters
Worldwide, millions of different species are threatened with extinction, and populations have declined by an average of 68% since 1970 (source: www.wwf.nl). This poster series about endangered animals features the orangutan, tiger, polar bear, whale, rhino, elephant, panda and lion.
- Send an email to: info [at] joostroozekrans [dot] com
- Mention what animal poster(s) you would like to order
- I will get back to you to confirm and define the shipping address and shipping costs
- Once the payment is in, the production will start. This can take up several working days
- Once printed, the poster(s) are shipped to you
- Minimal price per poster: € 60,- (production & handeling)
- Every amount on top of that is going to WWF to support wildlife
- Size: 70 x 100 cm
- Paper: 190-grs / matt finish
- Production: high-res digital printing on-demand / CMYK
- Packaging: protective cardboard box
- Shipping costs are not included
Educational book about design ideation methods - Writing & design - 2020
Ask designers how they create ideas, and the answer is: 'in a brainstorm' or 'a moment of inspiration.' How ideas come to life is often hard to grasp. It's a black box. This book I wrote teaches six methods to create ideas. With practical mindsets, designers can learn to proactively generate ideas and speed up the process with diversified results. The book starts with the full design process, placing ideation at the centre. Order at BIS Publishers
Dutch national police force - Logo & visual identity design - 1992
The visual identity developed for the Dutch police force merges the spirit of two previously autonomous police organizations - namely, the state and municipal corps in a single logo. The flame symbol can be seen as a beacon, a protective flame. This is combined with a law book-like form and the word 'POLITIE'.
The additional orange and blue striping system applied on all cars, boats, and helicopters optimize visibility and safety at day and night time. The clients were the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Justice to the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The police identity won several design awards. In 2006 the Dutch police striping was selected by public vote as one of the 25 Dutch Design icons of the last 100 years. As senior designer with Gert Dumbar at Studio Dumbar.
Talent Connect - Logo & visual identity design - 2022
Talent Connect Café is a community hub for young academics in Rotterdam. The café is where the talents meet and learn to develop their professional soft skills, like collaboration, networking and presenting. It's the public outlet of Talent Connect, for whom I developed the brand personality, endorsed logo system and visual brand. As creative director and designer at Joost Roozekrans - Works.
The secret bar - Gert Dumbar in stories - Website & book - 2021
'The secret bar' paints a colourful picture of Dutch designer and anti-authoritarian Burgundian Gert Dumbar and the unique Studio Dumbar culture. Anecdotes and stories collected from around the world by those who worked and played with him over the years.
The website is initiated by Joost Roozekrans (NL) and Marc Shillum (USA). The book by Joost Roozekrans is the materialised version of the stories collected online and became a limited edition publication, with special features such as a personal handwritten message by Gert, casual wine stains, and a key attached to the reading ribbon to unlock the bar.
Hewlett Packard campaign - Airports Milan & Rome - 2006
For the Hewlett Packard headquarters in San Francisco the HP campaign was developed for the Italian airports of Milan Linate and Rome. 'Change + HP' was the all-over theme of this corporate campaign. Arrow like shapes were the visuals. More than 1000 graphics were applied in all public spaces; on walls, check-in counters, tables and escalators, elevators and pillars. In collaboration with Goodby Silverstein and Partners. As designer and co-founder with the team of NLXL.
Swimming with sharks - The graphic novel - 2018
A compact and visual version of the book 'Swimming with sharks’ by Joris Luyendijk, Dutch anthropologist and journalist for The Guardian newspaper. He spoke with 200 London bankers to find out how they operate and what drove the financial crisis in 2008. Ten years after little has changed to avoid a possible new crisis. The solution starts with understanding the problem. The publication won gold at Muse Creative Awards 2018 in New York. As designer and creative director at SparkyTiger. Free PDF download.
Dutch Culture Centre - Logo & visual identity design - 2010
The Dutch Culture Centre was an initiative of the Netherlands China Arts Foundation. It offered a diverse cultural program in downtown Shanghai alongside ‘Happy street’, the Dutch pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo 2010. The program lasted for six months and was predominately focused on a Chinese audience.
The logo for the DCC shows the silhouette of the Culture Centre in white against colorful flowers, referring to the tulip as a typical Dutch icon and the magnolia, the symbol of the city of Shanghai. The communication was bilingual, both in Chinese and English. The festive style was applied to various graphic items and a website. As creative director with Rosanne Wong and the team of Studio Dumbar China.
The secret bar - Gert Dumbar in stories
Anecdotes by those who worked and played with him. Initiated together with Marc Shillum.
• Website - English - Published February 2021 - Read here
• Book - English - Limited edition - Published June 2021
How to create better ideas - Connecting the left and right brain in the design process
Analyzing and explaining the design process, and teaching six practical design ideation methods.
• Book - English - Published July 2020 - Order here
Po-li-tie-huis-stijl valt uit elkaar / Visual identity Dutch police is falling apart
Critical reflection on how the visual identity of the Dutch national police is gradually disintegrating.
• Article - Dutch & English - Published November 2019 - LinkedIn - Read here
De designer robot rukt op - en andere AGI Open observaties
Report of collected insights on AGI open international design event in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
• Article - Dutch - Published October 2019 - LinkedIn - Read here
Lessons for design education in China
A reflection on four years of teaching branding and identity design in Shanghai.
• Article - English - Published July 2018 - LinkedIn - Read here
Swimming with sharks - The graphic novel
A compact version of the bestseller book by Joris Luyendijk explaining the 2009 financial crises in a visual way.
• Digital publication - English - Published November 2017 - Free download
ZOODIAX is a series of unique Chinese / Asian zodiac posters in a limited edition of 10 prints per poster.
- Send an email to: info [at] joostroozekrans [dot] com
- Describe / show poster(s) you want (with screenshot), include your name and shipping address in the email
- You will receive a confirmation email with the shipping costs, the total price and payment details
- Once your payment is in, production will start. This can take up several working days
- Price per poster: € 50,- (shipping not included)
- Size: A1 (594 x 841 mm). 250-grams matt paper
- Production: on-demand / high-resolution digital print / CMYK - 8 colours
Copyright © 2023 - Joost Roozekrans. All rights reserved.
KvK: 77531779 • BTW: NL003206997B32